Welcome to the More Than Sound podcast.
Mindfulness Practice: Mindfulness of Breathing
Rick Hanson offers this mindfulness practice – a meditation practice on mindfulness of breathing – as part of our ongoing series “What is Mindfulness?”
Rick is a psychologist and Senior Fellow of the Greater Good Science Center at UC Berkeley. He is also the best-selling author of Buddha’s Brain and Hardwiring Happiness.
What is Mindfulness podcast
The What is Mindfulness podcast series features new and exclusive interviews from individuals with decades of experience in teaching and studying mindfulness. The goal is to offer answers to questions about the practice from an array of perspectives and backgrounds.
About What is Mindfulness podcast
Contributors to the podcast series will include:
- Daniel Goleman – internationally bestselling author whose newest releases include A Force for Good: The Dalai Lama’s Vision for our World and What Makes a Leader: Why Emotional Intelligence Matters.
- Surya Das – world-renowned Western Buddhist meditation teacher and scholar, appearing and contributing to various news outlets including CNN, ABC, NPR and The Colbert Report.
- Joseph Goldstein – co-founder of Insight Meditation Society.
- Mirabai Bush – co-founder of The Center for Contemplative Mind in Society and author of Working with Mindfulness: Research and Practice of Mindful Techniques in Organization.
- Wes Nisker – Dharma teacher and the author of Crazy Wisdom. He is the founder and co-editor of the international Buddhist journal Inquiring Mind.
- Juliet Adams – co-author of Mindfulness at Work for Dummies and Director of A Head for Work, a firm specializing in leadership and workplace productivity.
More Podcasts with Rick Hanson
More from Rick Hanson