Welcome to the More Than Sound podcast.
The Relationship between Mindfulness and Meditation?
Hanuman Goleman asked leaders who are shaping the mindfulness movement to offer a more nuanced survey of the mindfulness landscape.
Lama Surya Das is one of the foremost meditation teachers and scholars of Western Buddhism, and one of the main interpreters of Tibetan Buddhism in the West. He’s the author of 13 books, including Awakening the Buddha Within: Tibetan Wisdom for the Modern World, and most recently Buddha Standard Time.
In this third conversation, Surya Das explores mindfulness as the active ingredient in meditation – something we can do whether we’re sitting cross-legged, or walking, or driving … or arguing with our mate.
What is Mindfulness podcast
The What is Mindfulness? podcast series features new and exclusive interviews from individuals with decades of experience in teaching and studying mindfulness. The goal is to offer answers to questions about the practice from an array of perspectives and backgrounds.
About What is Mindfulness podcast
Contributors to the podcast series include:
- Daniel Goleman – internationally bestselling author whose newest releases include A Force for Good: The Dalai Lama’s Vision for our World and What Makes a Leader: Why Emotional Intelligence Matters.
- Joseph Goldstein – co-founder of Insight Meditation Society.
- Mirabai Bush – co-founder of The Center for Contemplative Mind in Society and author of Working with Mindfulness: Research and Practice of Mindful Techniques in Organization.
- Rick Hanson – psychologist and best-selling author of Buddha’s Brain and Hardwiring Happiness.
- Juliet Adams – co-author of Mindfulness at Work for Dummies and Director of A Head for Work, a firm specializing in leadership and workplace productivity.
- Wes Nisker – Dharma teacher and the author of Crazy Wisdom. He is the founder and co-editor of the international Buddhist journal Inquiring Mind.
More Podcasts with Surya Das
Hidden Dangers in Growing Popularity of Mindfulness (coming soon)
Your vs Popular Definition of Mindfulness (coming soon)
The Connection Between Mindfulness and Action (coming soon)
Managing Expectations: A Mindful Approach to Achieving SuccessAdd to cartManaging Expectations: A Mindful Approach to Achieving Success provides a compassionate, practical process for satisfying expectations in any situation. Essential reading for leaders seeking to ensure expectations are rational, mutually understood, and accepted by all those with a stake in the project.
Crucial Competence: Building Emotional and Social LeadershipAdd to cartCrucial Competence: Building Emotional and Social Leadership features in-depth video interviews with Daniel Goleman, George Kohlrieser, Richard Davidson, Richard Boyatzis, and Vanessa Druskat about how to foster emotionally intelligent leadership skills from an individual and organizational standpoint.
Emotional Intelligence in Leadership: Conversations on Crucial Competence with Daniel GolemanAdd to cartEmotional Intelligence in Leadership: Conversations on Crucial Competence is a four-part video series with more than 4 hours of Daniel Goleman’s in-depth conversations with Richard Boyatzis, Richard Davidson, Vanessa Druskat, and George Kohlrieser. Centered on how emotional intelligence builds high performance in organizations, you will learn about team emotional intelligence, organizational research, neuroscience, and gain insights on how to cultivate Emotional Intelligence.
Neuroscience and Emotional Intelligence with Richard Davidson and Daniel GolemanAdd to cartNeuroscience and Emotional Intelligence is an in-depth video conversation with international bestselling author Daniel Goleman and Richard Davidson, Founder and Chair of the Center for Healthy Minds, University of Wisconsin–Madison. Drawing on leading edge research on the brain and emotion, Professor Davidson explains the science behind how we feel and act, and how that may impact your effectiveness as a leader.
See more »