Welcome to the More Than Sound podcast.
The connection between mindfulness and action?
Hanuman Goleman asked leaders who are shaping the mindfulness movement to offer a more nuanced survey of the mindfulness landscape.
Lama Surya Das is one of the foremost meditation teachers and scholars of Western Buddhism, and one of the main interpreters of Tibetan Buddhism in the West. He’s the author of 13 books, including Awakening the Buddha Within: Tibetan Wisdom for the Modern World, and most recently Buddha Standard Time.
In this final conversation, Surya Das explains how our effort to cultivate mindfulness and enlightenment – by being mindful of our words, intentions and deeds – can bring wisdom that informs our every action.
What is Mindfulness podcast
The What is Mindfulness? podcast series features new and exclusive interviews from individuals with decades of experience in teaching and studying mindfulness. The goal is to offer answers to questions about the practice from an array of perspectives and backgrounds.
About What is Mindfulness podcast
Contributors to the podcast series include:
- Daniel Goleman – internationally bestselling author whose newest releases include A Force for Good: The Dalai Lama’s Vision for our World and What Makes a Leader: Why Emotional Intelligence Matters.
- Joseph Goldstein – co-founder of Insight Meditation Society.
- Mirabai Bush – co-founder of The Center for Contemplative Mind in Society and author of Working with Mindfulness: Research and Practice of Mindful Techniques in Organization.
- Rick Hanson – psychologist and best-selling author of Buddha’s Brain and Hardwiring Happiness.
- Juliet Adams – co-author of Mindfulness at Work for Dummies and Director of A Head for Work, a firm specializing in leadership and workplace productivity.
- Wes Nisker – Dharma teacher and the author of Crazy Wisdom. He is the founder and co-editor of the international Buddhist journal Inquiring Mind.
More Podcasts with Surya Das
Altered Traits: Science Reveals How Meditation Changes Your Mind, Brain, and BodyPre-order today. Available on September 5, 2017 AddExciting, compelling, and grounded in new research on meditation, this is a rare audiobook with powerful insights that can change us at the deepest level.
Managing Expectations: A Mindful Approach to Achieving SuccessAdd to cartManaging Expectations: A Mindful Approach to Achieving Success provides a compassionate, practical process for satisfying expectations in any situation. Essential reading for leaders seeking to ensure expectations are rational, mutually understood, and accepted by all those with a stake in the project.
Adapt: Audio Exercises for Essential Leadership SkillsAdd to cart
(AUDIO DOWNLOAD) Brainpower: Mindsight and Emotional Intelligence in Leadership with Daniel Goleman and Daniel SiegelAdd to cart(AUDIO DOWNLOAD) Brainpower: Mindsight and Emotional Intelligence in Leadership is four sessions of downloadable audio with Daniel Goleman and Daniel Siegel. This series provides leaders, executive coaches, management consultants, and HR professionals with a science basis for their leadership development work. The audio content is a recording of Dr. Goleman and Dr. Siegel’s live webcast series broadcast in February 2016.
See more »