The Executive Edge: An Insider’s Guide to Outstanding Leadership examines the best practices of top-performing executives. It offers practical guidance for developing the distinguishing competencies that make a leader outstanding.
Every leader needs threshold abilities to get by at work. But in today’s complex business landscape, getting by isn’t enough. It’s the distinguishing competencies that are crucial for success. You need elements that will give you “the executive edge.”
As a collection of Daniel Goleman‘s in-depth interviews with respected leaders in executive management, organizational research, workplace psychology, negotiation, and senior hiring; The Executive Edge contains the necessary research findings, case studies, and shared industry expertise every motivated leader needs.
This 294-page paperback is perfect for leaders at all levels, containing Daniel Goleman‘s in-depth conversations with:
- Warren Bennis, late pioneer of the contemporary field of leadership studies, university professor, and founding chairman of the Leadership Institute at the University of Southern California. Read a tribute to Warren Bennis at Forbes.com.
- Bill George, professor of management practice at Harvard Business School, and former chairman and chief executive officer of Medtronic. Listen to Bill’s More Than Sound podcast here.
- Claudio Fernández-Aráoz, a top global expert on hiring and promotion decisions, and senior adviser of the leading executive search firm Egon Zehnder International. Listen to Claudio’s More Than Sound podcast here.
- Howard Gardner, the John H. and Elisabeth A. Hobbs Professor of Cognition and Education at the Harvard Graduate School of Education; named one of the 100 most influential public intellectuals in the world.
- George Kohlrieser, professor of Leadership and Organizational Behaviour at IMD (a top-ranked business school in Switzerland), and author of the internationally bestselling book, Hostage At The Table: How Leaders Can Overcome Conflict, Influence Others, and Raise Performance.
- Daniel J. Siegel, clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine, and the Executive Director of the Mindsight Institute. Listen to Dr. Siegel’s More Than Sound podcast here.
- Teresa Amabile, the Edsel Bryant Ford Professor of Business Administration and director of research in the Entrepreneurial Management Unit at Harvard Business School. Listen to Dr. Amabile’s More Than Sound podcast here.
- An essay by Erica Ariel Fox, New York Times bestselling author of Winning from Within; lecturer on Law at Harvard Law School; and part of the internationally acclaimed Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School (PON). Listen to Dr. Fox’s More Than Sound podcast here.
- And a bonus feature with Peter Senge, co-author with Daniel Goleman of The Triple Focus: A New Approach to Education; and Senior Lecturer in Leadership and Sustainability at the MIT Sloan School of Management.
Adapted from More Than Sound’s Leadership: A Master Class video series.