Welcome to the More Than Sound podcast.
Hidden dangers in growing popularity of Mindfulness?
Hanuman Goleman asked leaders who are shaping the mindfulness movement to offer a more nuanced survey of the mindfulness landscape.
Lama Surya Das is one of the foremost meditation teachers and scholars of Western Buddhism, and one of the main interpreters of Tibetan Buddhism in the West. He’s the author of 13 books, including Awakening the Buddha Within: Tibetan Wisdom for the Modern World, and most recently Buddha Standard Time.
In this fourth conversation, Surya Das discusses the potential for a healthy, creative tension between the traditional preservation of mindfulness, it’s popular innovation and ultimately adaptation.
What is Mindfulness podcast
The What is Mindfulness? podcast series features new and exclusive interviews from individuals with decades of experience in teaching and studying mindfulness. The goal is to offer answers to questions about the practice from an array of perspectives and backgrounds.
About What is Mindfulness podcast
Contributors to the podcast series include:
- Daniel Goleman – internationally bestselling author whose newest releases include A Force for Good: The Dalai Lama’s Vision for our World and What Makes a Leader: Why Emotional Intelligence Matters.
- Joseph Goldstein – co-founder of Insight Meditation Society.
- Mirabai Bush – co-founder of The Center for Contemplative Mind in Society and author of Working with Mindfulness: Research and Practice of Mindful Techniques in Organization.
- Rick Hanson – psychologist and best-selling author of Buddha’s Brain and Hardwiring Happiness.
- Juliet Adams – co-author of Mindfulness at Work for Dummies and Director of A Head for Work, a firm specializing in leadership and workplace productivity.
- Wes Nisker – Dharma teacher and the author of Crazy Wisdom. He is the founder and co-editor of the international Buddhist journal Inquiring Mind.
More Podcasts with Surya Das
Your vs Popular Definition of Mindfulness (coming soon)
The Connection Between Mindfulness and Action (coming soon)